Join the team
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Subject to Experience & Qualification.
Location: Lexden Wood Golf Club
This Autumn we are launching our course plan, along with an extensive investment programme in machinery and people.
Our current Course Manager is leaving to further progress his career.
We are looking for someone with drive, ambition and leadership to improve course standards and take the course and facilities to the next level.
In simple terms, we want our course to be one for members to be proud of and visitors to see Lexden Wood Golf Club as a ‘must play’ destination which leaves them wanting to return.
Reporting to the site management you should be organised, committed and hardworking, with the technical knowledge, leadership and communication skills to motivate your team to deliver a course of the highest standard.
More importantly, lead from the front and be proud of your course, practise facilities, grounds and greenkeeping buildings.
You will be responsible for daily maintenance, annual agronomic planning, managing departmental budgets, advising on course projects and investments to continually deliver improvements and raise standards. Flexible working hours and weekend work is required.
Essential skills for candidates:
- Minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Minimum of five years managerial or team leader experience
- Spraying certificates PA1, PA2 and PA6
- Knowledge of machinery maintenance
- Knowledge of managing bent/poa greens
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to lead and motivate others
- Up-to-date Health and Safety regulation knowledge
- Ability to undertake staff training and development skills
- Have a wider understanding of the game of golf – playing or non-playing
Desirable skills for candidates:
- Experience of automatic irrigation systems and watering techniques
- Training and experience in the use of grinding equipment
- Chainsaw licence CS30 CS31
- Construction experience – drainage installation, bunkers, trees etc.
- Project management would be an advantage
- 20 days holiday (Including Public and Bank Holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme
- BIGGA membership
- Full uniform
- Free off peak golf
- Inter company golf away days
A competitive package based on experience. The successful candidate will be expected to live within a reasonable distance of commute. The option of on-site accommodation may form part of the package if desired.
Please apply in the form of covering letter and your current CV with 2 previous employment references. Email to email@example.com