Join the team
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Lexden Wood Golf Club
Overall, Job Purpose Chef
A chef manages all aspects of food preparation at a restaurant. They ensure that all team members perform their jobs adequately and meet the kitchen’s quality standards. A chef enforces safety in the kitchen relating to food preparation and sanitation. The areas you would work in are TKC kitchen.
- Leads, guides, assigns work, and follows up to ensure completion of assigned tasks.
- Supports a disciplined environment and provides after hours supervision in the absence of the supervisor or Head Chef.
- Maintains a station while supervising the operation.
- Understands workflow, prioritizes, uses timelines, understands deadlines.
- Mentors and develops staff using sound culinary principles.
- Uses culinary knowledge, enhances product quality by contributing ideas to menu cycles and recipe development.
- Ensures recipe compliance and portion control.
- Orders goods as needed; uses culinary math and historical data to calculate amounts.
- Reports equipment problems and documents history of repairs.
- Ensures proper food handling methods, product rotation and storage.
- Ensures department compliance with department and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensures compliance with HACCP standards.
- Participates in the training of staff and performs supervisory functions.
- Enforces compliance with portioning and presentation standards.
- Ensure you have completed Health & Safety, Fire, Licensing training and obtained Level II Food Safety certificate as required.
- Ensure you have signed your employment contract.
- Ensure you log in and update your working hours on Citrus at the end of all your shifts.
- Ensure you request holidays using the facility on Citrus.
Always give excellent customer service. The minimum requirement is Smile, Say Hello, Serve, Say Goodbye and Thank You to every customer you serve.
Please apply in the form of covering letter and your current CV with 2 previous employment references. Email to email@example.com